NFL gets first ever female referee
Football season is nearly here and for the first time in league history, a woman will be one of the referees on the field.
Her name is Shannon Eastin and she already has experience in high school and college games and has done some NFL scrimmage games as well.
She’s set to be part of the replacement crew at this Thursday’s Packers-Chargers preseason game.
And don’t miss the Redskins’ first preseason game right here on NewsChannel 3.
We’ll get our first look at Robert Griffin, III and the rest of the Redskins. They’ll be in Buffalo to face the Bills.
You can see that game right here on NewsChannel 3 this Thursday night starting at 7.
- Man shot and killed after pinning James City County police officer between cars
- FBI agent kills alleged friend of Boston bombers in Orlando
- Inside the Moore tornado: What it looked like from a storm shelter (Video)
- Update: Police officer kills man at Norfolk Wells Fargo; deceased suspect identified
- Woman and roommate accused of trying to cause miscarriage