Tonight at 6: Celebrating the lives of fallen Navy SEALs
The one-year anniversary of a huge loss to our military community is approaching.
August 6th of last year, we were stunned at how fast so many could be lost.
A Chinook helicopter carrying local Navy SEALs, local Naval Special Warfare support, Airmen and Soldiers was hit with enemy fire in Afghanistan. All 31 on board, including a dog, paid the ultimate sacrifice.
This weekend, the community is rallying around the families of those warriors to celebrate the lives these men led.
We are talking about men like Matt Mills, a Navy SEAL on board the helicopter that day. His wife Kerry has been amazed at how people she didn’t even know reached out to her.
It’s been said, “It hurts to remember, but forgetting could hurt worse.”
That’s the idea behind the Extortion 1-7 Memorial Ride. You can take action and honor the 31 and their amazing families.
This is going to be an event to remember and Friday at 6, we’ll tell you how to be a part of it. You will also hear more from Kerry Mills, an incredible woman of strength.
- Community helps family who lost father while treating two kids with cancer
- Portsmouth man accused of assaulting woman, leaving infant in woods
- Home invasion, then a break-in at Chesapeake home
- Three from Hampton Roads indicted in 7-Eleven immigration raids
- Woman sentenced to death set to walk free, go shopping with victim's grandson