People Taking Action: Beach business takes action for disabled Norfolk man
We shine our spotlight on a Virginia Beach-based business that took action for a disabled Norfolk man who had his scooter stolen.
For Frederick Ferebee, it was a dream come true.
We showed you his reaction last week when some employees at Atlantic Heating and Cooling took action and dropped off a new moped for him after seeing our story.
This special gift had Ferebee grinning from ear to ear. The disabled man relied on his scooter to get him to his job as a dishwasher.
So who came up with the idea?
It was the president of Atlantic Heating and Cooling who decided to make that donation. So we decided to surprise him with a NewsChannel 3 People Taking Action Award.
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- Shot of the year? Roanoke high schooler makes incredible basket
- Watch this: Massive Milwaukee highway pileup captured on video