View the Baby Braxton Task Force letter
By Mike Mather, NewsChannel 3
The Virginia Beach city manager has named a task force to fix the city’s troubled child-welfare agency.
This is in response to NewsChannel 3’s investigation into baby Braxton, and how social workers repeatedly missed signs of the awful abuse inflicted by his second foster mother.
She was later convicted of manslaughter. Our investigation into the shortcomings of child-welfare led to a state review. The state issued a stinging report calling for major changes in the agency. Five of the seven task-force members are city employees.
They must develop a plan to fix the agency, and that plan will be reviewed by independent experts.
The state says this must be done by September 1.
- Watch this: Massive Milwaukee highway pileup captured on video
- Suffolk mom targeted by online child porn scam
- Couple calls 911 after they don't get hash brown order at McDonald's
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Accident involving school bus reported near Oceana Blvd.