Police: Wife hits husband, drags him along Interstate 664
Virginia State Police say a woman nearly killed her husband with his own SUV after a court hearing in Newport News Juvenile and Domestic Relations Court Wednesday afternoon.
NewsChannel 3 obtained court documents that say Lavetta Graham and her husband Derrick were in court for her preliminary hearing on assault charges. According to an affidavit, Lavetta admitted to pepper spraying and stabbing him in his stomach on May 14, 2012.
When the couple left court around 2 p.m. Wednesday, police say Lavetta got into her husband’s 2003 Chevy Envoy and tried to leave. Police say Derrick stepped in front of the car to stop her from leaving. Authorities say when she refused to stop, Derrick jumped on the hood of his SUV.
Police say Lavetta accelerated and drove with Derrick on the hood up the Huntington Avenue northbound ramp to Interstate 664.
Police say at some point, Derrick fell from the hood of the SUV, and Lavetta kept driving.
They believe she may still be driving Derrick’s car. It has Missouri tags that read DCIPIP.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Virginia State Police at 757-424-6800.
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- UPDATE: Train derailment near Princess Anne Road and Ballentine Blvd. in Norfolk
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Dominion Blvd. emergency closure in place
- Grandy EMT allegedly hid camera in bunk room, Radio Shack tanning booth