Man says he helped victims of Chesapeake double shooting
Chesapeake police are investigating a double shooting in the 1400 block of Jefferson Street.
According to police spokesperson Kelly O’Sullivan, a man and woman were sitting in front of a residence at 10:40 p.m. Saturday, when a man carrying a gun approached them and fired shots at them.
A neighbor told NewsChannel 3 that he actually helped the victims after they were shot.
Police report that the couple says the suspect approached them asking for directions before pulling out a gun and firing at them.
The two were transported to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
Police tell NewsChannel 3 that the couple says they did not recognize the shooter.
The suspect is described as a male, 20 to 30-years old, approximately 5’7″ and 175 pounds. He was wearing black shorts and a black hoodie.
Anyone with information is encouraged to call the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP or text CHESTIP with information to CRIMES (274637).
- 339 gallons of moonshine, 18 weapons seized from Danville ranch
- Home invasion, then a break-in at Chesapeake home
- Facebook comments may have led to at least one of the Eastern Shore arsons
- Portsmouth man accused of assaulting woman, leaving infant in woods
- Two charged after children found in padlocked camper in deplorable conditions