Pentagon looks for ways to honor drone pilots
The Pentagon is trying to come up with ways to honor drone pilots with awards.
According to Politico, officials are considering giving military service awards to troops who operate the unmanned aerial vehicles, usually from bases in the U.S.
The website says the medal would be specifically for drone pilots.
Some people argue the pilots shouldn’t get combat recognition because they’re not on the ground, in the air, or in any danger when flying the drones.
But the Pentagon told Politico the drone pilots significantly and directly impact combat operations.
- 339 gallons of moonshine, 18 weapons seized from Danville ranch
- Two charged after children found in padlocked camper in deplorable conditions
- Facebook comments may have led to at least one of the Eastern Shore arsons
- Receipt profanity angers dad who took young son to sports bar
- Viral video: What’s behind the door?