VIDEO: 911 call of 22-year-old hit by train in James City County
A man was hit by a train in James City County.
It happened around 7:30 a.m. Wednesday morning.
Police believe the man had been drinking and passed out on the tracks near Richmond Road when the CSX train hit him.
They say after he was hit, the 22-year-old managed to call 911 himself while the train was on top of him.
He was transported to VCU Medical Center in Richmond, Virginia. Police say he lost one of his feet.
Investigators believe the train was going 42 m.p.h. It took about three quarters of a mile to come to a complete stop.
He is now listed in good condition.
Man hit by train in James City County. Police believe the man had been drinking & passed out on the tracks. wtkr.com/2012/07/11/22-…—
Holly Lynne Henry (@mediaholly) July 11, 2012
A man was hit by a train in James City County. It happened around 7:30 a.m. Wednesday morning. Police believe the... fb.me/1Wst71nG3—
WTKR NewsChannel 3 (@WTKR3) July 11, 2012
- 339 gallons of moonshine, 18 weapons seized from Danville ranch
- Home invasion, then a break-in at Chesapeake home
- Two charged after children found in padlocked camper in deplorable conditions
- Facebook comments may have led to at least one of the Eastern Shore arsons
- Portsmouth man accused of assaulting woman, leaving infant in woods