New fluff pulp operation at International Paper
According to a release from International Paper in Franklin, Virginia, International Paper has announced the start-up of its new fluff pulp operation.
The Company’s once-closed Franklin paper mill has been repurposed to manufacture fluff pulp, a key ingredient in super absorbent products such as baby diapers, adult incontinence and feminine hygiene products, and medical wipes.
International Paper officials say the mill began manufacturing operations this week. They emphasized that the facility is in the early stages of operation and will now be focused on transitioning to full production.
Once in full production, the operation is targeted to manufacture approximately 840 tons per day of high-quality fluff pulp.
The repurposing represents an investment of approximately $90 million and includes the retrofitting of a paper machine to produce fluff pulp.
According to officials, a mill commissioning ceremony is planned for later this summer.Submit Your Photo
- Who would bully military wives online?
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth reopens after several threats force evacuations
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach