New fluff pulp operation at International Paper
According to a release from International Paper in Franklin, Virginia, International Paper has announced the start-up of its new fluff pulp operation.
The Company’s once-closed Franklin paper mill has been repurposed to manufacture fluff pulp, a key ingredient in super absorbent products such as baby diapers, adult incontinence and feminine hygiene products, and medical wipes.
International Paper officials say the mill began manufacturing operations this week. They emphasized that the facility is in the early stages of operation and will now be focused on transitioning to full production.
Once in full production, the operation is targeted to manufacture approximately 840 tons per day of high-quality fluff pulp.
The repurposing represents an investment of approximately $90 million and includes the retrofitting of a paper machine to produce fluff pulp.
According to officials, a mill commissioning ceremony is planned for later this summer.Submit Your Photo
- UPDATE: Two girls die after crash in Sandbridge, five others hospitalized
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call
- The real story behind the ‘train selfie’ and the man kicked in head by ‘conductor’