Report: Iowa Gov. hospitalized after choking on carrot on USS Iowa
SAN PEDRO (KTLA) — Iowa Governor Terry Branstad has been released from the hospital after choking on a carrot while taking part in the re-dedication ceremony of the USS Iowa.
According to his spokesman, the 65-year-old choked on a carrot and vomited and was taken to the hospital “out of an overabundance of caution.”
- Update: Police officer kills man at Norfolk Wells Fargo; deceased suspect identified
- Mom forces bullying daughter to don thrift store threads
- Man shot and killed after pinning James City County police officer between two cars
- Virginia Beach man charged with wife's murder
- Two-mile-wide tornado kills at least 51, including 7 elementary school students