Fireworks cause of Beach house fire
Video: Alize Proisy reporting live on Caddy Court in Virginia Beach. Police say fireworks were not properly disposed of, therefore they are to blame for the damage. Fireworks are illegal in Virginia.
Virginia Beach fire officials say the fire that hit this home – has been ruled as accidental.
They say it started because some fireworks were not properly thrown away.
NewsChannel 3 arrived on the scene early Thursday morning.
The fire started shortly after midnight. Fire officals say two people inside the home were hurt.
One was cut while breaking glass to get their dog out of the house. The other person suffered from smoke inhalation.
Officials say there is heavy fire damage to the roof and garage.
There is also smoke damage throughout the home.
No word yet on how the people hurt are doing this morning.
- Update: Police officer kills man at Norfolk Wells Fargo; deceased suspect identified
- Mom forces bullying daughter to don thrift store threads
- Man shot and killed after pinning James City County police officer between two cars
- Virginia Beach man charged with wife's murder
- Two-mile-wide tornado kills at least 51, including 7 elementary school students