HRT to provide additional service for Waterside fireworks
Norfolk, VA – Hampton Roads Transit will provide additional bus, ferry and light rail service to accommodate the fireworks show at Waterside on Wednesday, July 4, 2012.
Four express bus shuttles will be available at the MacArthur Square light rail station beginning at 9:30 p.m. The shuttles will stop at the Newtown Road light rail station. Customers parked west of Newtown Road may ride the train to their stop.
Light rail trains will run on a 15-minute frequency until 6 p.m., when the trains will switch to a 10-minute frequency.
A second Paddlewheel Ferry will be put into service from 4-11 PM.
For more information, customers are encouraged to call (757) 222-6100. For more information about Hampton Roads Transit and its services, visit www.gohrt.com.
- Hampton Roads veterans still waiting up to 30 months for disability claims
- You're eating more calories than you think
- Dolphins surf new submarine's bow wave (video)
- Beach stabbing victim: 'The knife was just in my back, like a ninja' (Video)
- College student from Yorktown wins $1 million lottery prize