Report: Fort Bragg shooter dies of self-inflicted wounds
FORT BRAGG, N.C. — The alleged soldier who fatally shot his superior officer at Fort Bragg and then turned the gun on himself died Saturday at Cape Fear Valley Medical Center, according to a report from MyFox8.com.
The Fayetteville Observer reported that Ricky Elder, 27, of Hutchinson, Kansas is accused of shooting and killing his battalion commander Lt. Col. Roy Tisdale Thursday.
- 339 gallons of moonshine, 18 weapons seized from Danville ranch
- Home invasion, then a break-in at Chesapeake home
- Two charged after children found in padlocked camper in deplorable conditions
- Facebook comments may have led to at least one of the Eastern Shore arsons
- Portsmouth man accused of assaulting woman, leaving infant in woods