Blackberry reports 518 million dollar loss
The makers of the Blackberry may be struggling for a piece of the smartphone.
Research in Motion, the company that makes Blackberry, reports a loss of about 518 million dollars.
Today it announced it’s laying off 5, 000 employees.
Along with the cuts, the company says it’s also delaying the release of the new Blackberry 10 operating system.
That’s now expected to be rolled-out next year.
- Man shot and killed after pinning James City County police officer between cars
- Inside the Moore tornado: What it looked like from a storm shelter (Video)
- Update: Police officer kills man at Norfolk Wells Fargo; deceased suspect identified
- 10 amazing photos of the Moore, Oklahoma tornado
- Oklahoma tornado rated an EF-5 by NWS