Officials: Moyock man killed in hit and run
According to North Carolina Highway Patrol officials, police are investigating after they say a 20-year-old man was killed Saturday morning in a hit and run accident.
The accident happened on Puddin Ridge Road, State Road 1216.
Officials say the man suffered injuries to the head, and died at the scene.
He was struck approximately 10 minutes before his body was found by a resident that was backing out of their driveway.
Police and rescue received a call around 5:30 a.m.
Police say the man appeared to be crossing the street toward Quail Run when he was hit by an unknown vehicle.
- Man shot and killed after pinning James City County police officer between cars
- Inside the Moore tornado: What it looked like from a storm shelter (Video)
- Update: Police officer kills man at Norfolk Wells Fargo; deceased suspect identified
- 10 amazing photos of the Moore, Oklahoma tornado
- Oklahoma tornado rated an EF-5 by NWS