Report: Man reportedly claiming to be al Qaeda takes hostages in Toulouse, France
(CBSNews.com) – TOULOUSE, France – A French police official says a man has taken hostages in a bank in the southern city of Toulouse and fired a shot.
A police union official told the Reuters news network that the man claims to be linked to al Qaeda.
The official says no injuries have been reported so far. It is unclear how many hostages are held, but reports suggested as many as four people, possibly including the bank manager, were inside.
- Update: Police officer kills man at Norfolk Wells Fargo; deceased suspect identified
- Mom forces bullying daughter to don thrift store threads
- Man shot and killed after pinning James City County police officer between cars
- At least 24 killed in mammoth tornado; more bodies expected
- Virginia Beach man charged with wife's murder