Report: Child needed 140 stitches after N.C. shark attack
According to a report posted to WTVR.com and WWAYTV3.com, a six-year-old girl from Shelby is recovering after being bitten by a shark off the coast of Ocean Isle Beach, North Carolina.
According to the WWAYTV3.com report, the girl was swimming in shallow water near the shore around 11:30 a.m. when the attack happened.
The report says that the girl’s mother told officials she had seen a shark following a school of fish in the area moments before the attack.
- 339 gallons of moonshine, 18 weapons seized from Danville ranch
- Home invasion, then a break-in at Chesapeake home
- Two charged after children found in padlocked camper in deplorable conditions
- Facebook comments may have led to at least one of the Eastern Shore arsons
- Portsmouth man accused of assaulting woman, leaving infant in woods