Police: 60-year-old Chesapeake man shot after resisting officer
According to Chesapeake police, a police officer was involved in a shooting Wednesday morning.
It happened in the 1400 block of Paul Eason Road at approximately 9:20 a.m. Police say an officer was trying to serve an emergency custody order, secured by a family member, on a 60-year-old man.
While attempting to serve the custody order, police say the 60-year-old man became combative and resisted the officer. The officer shot the man one time in the leg.
The 60-year-old was transported to Sentara Norfolk General Hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
Police are investigating the shooting. NewsChannel 3 will post more information as it becomes available.
- Update: Police officer kills man at Norfolk Wells Fargo; deceased suspect identified
- Mom forces bullying daughter to don thrift store threads
- Man shot and killed after pinning James City County police officer between cars
- At least 24 killed in mammoth tornado; more bodies expected
- Virginia Beach man charged with wife's murder