Jennifer Hudson to launch clothing line
By Tomika Anderson, Special to CNN
(CNN) — Having fluctuated in dress size herself, Jennifer Hudson says she knows how to style a variety of body types.
The Weight Watchers spokeswoman has just announced that she’ll hawk fashions for QVC beginning this fall, according to Women’s Wear Daily.
The 30-year-old Oscar and Grammy Award winner will debut her eponymous collection for the home shopping network in September for women of all shapes and sizes, E! reports.
“I feel like I represent every woman,” she’s said of her new product line, which will be available in sizes 6 through 16. “I’ve been on both sides of the fence. I’ve been a big girl and now whatever this is, the average size, whatever you want to call it. But I wanted the clothes to be where any girl could wear it – no matter what size you are – and you could feel comfortable in it.”
For its part, QVC says it is thrilled to have the engaged mother of one on board.
“[She] has this great Cinderella story,” said Doug Howe, an exec for the company. “[She's] an aspiration for different women.”
- FBI agent kills alleged friend of Boston bombers in Orlando
- Woman and roommate accused of trying to cause miscarriage
- Gay Florida teenager faces charges over her underage girlfriend
- Man shot and killed after pinning James City County police officer between cars
- Suffolk mother sentenced after mooning bus full of kids