Man who drove into Norfolk work zone now identified, charged
On Monday night, a car ended up in a huge hole on I-264.
State police now say the driver of that vehicle was Ira Johnson from Chesapeake.
He’s charged with driving through a work zone.
State police say Johnson had to pass a patrol car with its lights on, construction cones, and lights before landing in the hole near Broad Creek.
- Man shot and killed after pinning James City County police officer between cars
- FBI agent kills alleged friend of Boston bombers in Orlando
- Inside the Moore tornado: What it looked like from a storm shelter (Video)
- Woman and roommate accused of trying to cause miscarriage
- Update: Police officer kills man at Norfolk Wells Fargo; deceased suspect identified