Craigslist used to find pallbearers for husband’s funeral
San Diego, CA (KSWB) — A military wife requested help through Craigslist for local U.S. Navy sailors to assist with her late husband’s burial on Monday.
Kenny Nosik, a 26-year-old veteran who retired from the Navy in September 2011, was living in San Diego when he became ill in May. He suffered a fatal seizure in early June.
His wife Yvonne said his only local friends are deployed on a Navy ship, so she turned to Craigslist for help during his funeral scheduled for Monday morning.
Six Navy personnel are being requested to dress in formal white’s to carry Nosik’s casket during his ceremony at Miramar National Cemetery.
“I don’t know what to do, this is his final wish and were all alone, I don’t know where to turn,” said Yvonne Nosik. “I there’s someone out there, somebody who can help, please before it’s too late.”
Nosik’s legacy will live on, as his kidneys, heart, and various organs were donated to help others in need.
- Family furious over reports of exploitation of Disney disability treatment
- Update: 42 sticks of dynamite found in Beach storage shed
- Two-vehicle collision causes gas station fire in Hampton
- Pilothouse audio released from USS Porter's collision with supertanker
- Beach-based SEAL killed in Fort Knox training accident identified