Subtropical Storm Beryl (8 am update)
Subtropical Storm Beryl formed late Friday night off the coast of South Carolina. The storm has maximum sustained winds of 45 mph, with higher gusts. The storm is expected to drift to the southwest over the next few days, making landfall in north Florida late Sunday or early Monday.
8:00 AM EDT Sat May 26
Location: 32.0°N 76.0°W
Max sustained: 45 mph
Moving: WSW at 5 mph
Min pressure: 1001 mb
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Who would bully military wives online?
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth reopens after several threats force evacuations