NewsChannel 3 takes action to help you save on car taxes
Many of us only have a few weeks left to pay those pesky property tax bills for our cars, but what if you could cut your bill in half or more?
Hitting the streets and highways around Hampton Roads can really put a hurting on your wallet.
Then a speed bump of a present pops up in the mail—the property tax bill for your car.
It’s a bill that may be bigger than it should be.
On Thursday from 10 to 4 at Harbor Park, bring your ride with all of its imperfections and you could cut your bill by a fraction of what they’ve estimated.
Virginia Beach Commissioner of Revenue Philip Kellam believes tax bills should reflect what your car is really worth.
The Beach has an area set up near City Hall where Beach residents can drive up for tax assessments until taxes are due on June 5th.
- Hampton Roads veterans still waiting up to 30 months for disability claims
- You're eating more calories than you think
- Dolphins surf new submarine's bow wave (video)
- Beach stabbing victim: 'The knife was just in my back, like a ninja' (Video)
- College student from Yorktown wins $1 million lottery prize