Student Athlete of the Week: Kayla Iazzetta
The Student Athlete of the Week this week has a rare kidney disorder. Both of her kidneys have failed and she has been on the transplant list for the past two years.
On Saturday, Kayla Iazzetta and members of her Ocean Lakes softball team will walk in the Virginia Beach Kidney Walk.
As of last week, the team has raised close to $3,000. Their goal is $5,000.
She is an extraordinary young lady and as she says, this disease will not get the best of her.
The walk begins at 10 a.m. at the 24th Street Park at the Virginia Beach Oceanfront.
She has also been asked to speak prior to the walk.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found
- Grandma charged after leaving 6 young grandchildren alone in motel