New legislation introduced in response to military mold
An exclusive NewsChannel 3 taking action investigation is getting bigger results on Capitol Hill.
Last night, the House Armed Services Committee passed their version of the 2013 National Defense Authorization Act and included in it is legislation introduced by Representative Scott Rigell in response to NewsChannel 3′s reporting on mold in Lincoln Military Housing.
The Military Housing Oversight and Accountability Act would give the service branches more power to provide oversight in the maintenance and upkeep of both old and new housing.
Right now, Rigell says their oversight capabilities really only extend to new military housing construction.
The military secretaries will also be required to report to Congress every year about financial and maintenance trends.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home
- UPDATE: Company says ailing 7-year-old will get drug as part of study
- UPDATE: Man shot to death in car in Portsmouth identified