New legislation introduced in response to military mold
An exclusive NewsChannel 3 taking action investigation is getting bigger results on Capitol Hill.
Last night, the House Armed Services Committee passed their version of the 2013 National Defense Authorization Act and included in it is legislation introduced by Representative Scott Rigell in response to NewsChannel 3′s reporting on mold in Lincoln Military Housing.
The Military Housing Oversight and Accountability Act would give the service branches more power to provide oversight in the maintenance and upkeep of both old and new housing.
Right now, Rigell says their oversight capabilities really only extend to new military housing construction.
The military secretaries will also be required to report to Congress every year about financial and maintenance trends.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call
- UPDATE: Crews free stuck cargo ship