Saturday Flooding: How much rain fell?
A series of slow-moving thunderstorms dumped large amounts of rain across the area on Saturday, especially around Elizabeth City. Parts of the city received nearly three inches of rain in just 90 minutes or so. That sent creeks over their banks and turned streets into rivers.
The worst flooding was in Elizabeth City, but many parts of Hampton Roads received more than an inch of rain from several batches of storms that moved through on Saturday.
But even with the healthy dose of rain on Saturday, our yearly rainfall deficit still stands at nearly four inches.
- Who would bully military wives online?
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth reopens after several threats force evacuations
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach