20 marijuana plants seized from Chesapeake home
Chesapeake police arrested David Davis for growing marijuana in his house.
Chesapeake police say 20 marijuana plants and jars of harvested buds were seized.
Davis lives a block away from Truitt Intermediate School. Court documents show Davis worked for the City of Norfolk.
A city spokesperson told NewsChannel 3 they have an employee with that same name, working in their Public Utility Department.
But, they couldn’t confirm whether or not it was the same person.
Cynthia Scott, who lives next door, says she’s relieved police shut down the drug operation.
“If it’s at your back door, then they get the impression that it’s okay, and it’s not,” says Scott.
Davis has been charged with possession with intent to distribute marijuana.
- Cargo ship runs aground in high winds off Virginia Beach
- UPDATE: Two children dead after multi-vehicle crash in Sandbridge
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- VIDEO: Why it's not a good idea to take selfies with moving trains