Update: Body found in Isle of Wight County home
According to Kristin Wilda, the Public Information Officer for Isle of Wight County, a was found inside of a home at 31334 Walters Highway. The sheriff’s office says that the body has signs of trauma.
Wilda says that the deceased person is Sandy Joyner.
Detectives are looking for her husband, Joe Joyner, who ran for Board of Supervisors last year.
He is not considered a suspect, but he is considered a missing person.
Sheriff Marshall confirmed that according to a relative, the couple was last seen yesterday afternoon.
The Isle of Wight Sheriff’s Office has also found a second body on the property. No official identification of the body has been made.
The second body was discovered in the woods on the 100-acre property with the use of tracking dogs and a State Police helicopter.
The investigation is ongoing.
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- Woman's body found on Yorktown Beach
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million