USS Cole headed to Europe
One of Hampton Roads’ best-known ships, USS Cole, is back at sea.
The USS Cole is on its way to Europe, ready to defend America in a new kind of way.
The ship is now outfitted with ballistic missile defense capabilities.
Preparations for this had been made since the Cole returned in 2010.
There are more than 250 sailors on board, all who are ready to carry out what’s required.
For families, today was a tough day to watch their loved ones leave.
The Cole’s deployment is set to last nine months.
- UPDATE: Two girls die after crash in Sandbridge, five others hospitalized
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call
- The real story behind the ‘train selfie’ and the man kicked in head by ‘conductor’