A weekend washout?
You’ve got plans to head to Busch Gardens. You’re riding in a charity bike race. You’re running a half marathon. Everywhere I went today the questions were all about the weekend weather and if it will cooperate. My answer: no.
Actually, right now it does look like a big chunk of Saturday may be dry. A complicated storm system is going to develop along the Gulf coast on Saturday and move up I-95 on Sunday and Monday. But by Saturday afternoon we expect some showers and storms to develop ahead of the main storm system. So right now, the key on Saturday: earlier is better than later.
Sunday is looking like a great day for those indoor spring cleaning jobs. Showers and storms are likely though the day, as the storm system moves up the coast.
And the storm will linger into Monday as well. By the time we finally dry out, we expect several inches of rain. That should take a big chunk out of our rain deficit for the year, which now stands at nearly five inches.
Here’s a look at our rain chances through the weekend:
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home
- UPDATE: Company says ailing 7-year-old will get drug as part of study
- UPDATE: Man shot to death in car in Portsmouth identified