Police search for suspect accused of stealing from Walgreens
According to police, between November 2011 and April 2012, a male suspect has been accused of taking items from the Walgreens located in the 700 block of Frederick Boulevard in Portsmouth.
He appears to wear the same jacket each time a theft occurs.
Police say the suspect enters the business, usually during late evening or early morning hours, and takes several small items from the shelves.
Police say the suspect then stuffs the items into the lining of his jacket.
On nine different occasions, surveillance cameras captured the suspect taking items such as body wash and over-the-counter medications. Police say the estimated value of the items stolen is between $800 and $1,000.
The suspect may be leaving the area on a bicycle.
Detectives are asking for any information on the identity of the suspect.
If you know anything that could help police, please call the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP.
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- Woman's body found on Yorktown Beach
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million