Beach sailor dies in Africa
According to the Department of Defense, a Beach sailor died Saturday while supporting Operation Enduring Freedom Horn of Africa.
The sailor is identified as Constructionman Trevor J. Stanley, 22, of Virginia Beach.
He was deployed to Camp Lemonnier, Djibouti. Stanley, a Seabee, was assigned to Naval Mobile Construction Battalion 3, homeported in Port Hueneme, Calif.
- Who would bully military wives online?
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth reopens after several threats force evacuations
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach