Beach sailor dies in Africa
According to the Department of Defense, a Beach sailor died Saturday while supporting Operation Enduring Freedom Horn of Africa.
The sailor is identified as Constructionman Trevor J. Stanley, 22, of Virginia Beach.
He was deployed to Camp Lemonnier, Djibouti. Stanley, a Seabee, was assigned to Naval Mobile Construction Battalion 3, homeported in Port Hueneme, Calif.
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time
- Family, friends gather to remember two girls killed in Ahoskie fire
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales
- Father and son among three arrested in Kitty Hawk drug investigation