New information for Beach citizens affected by jet crash
The Navy has a call center set up for legal questions and counseling open from 8am to 8pm daily. The number to contact the Navy’s call center for local callers is (757) 444-4557 or (long distance) 1-866-345-8179.
The Navy will also have a lawyer present at the crash site Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm to answer any legal questions in person.
Vehicles parked in the Mayfair Mews parking lot are being towed to the Virginia Beach Convention Center at 1000 19th Street near the Oceanfront today. Only owners of the vehicles will be allowed to pick up the vehicles starting tomorrow morning with a valid ID. Should a vehicle owner not have ID with them or if their ID was lost in the crash, a mobile DMV station will be set up to assist drivers. Vehicles can be picked up from 7am until 7pm.
If any resident near the crash site locates what they believe to be debris from the crash, they are asked to not touch the debris. Tampering with the debris is a federal offense. Call Virginia Beach Emergency Communications at (757) 385-5000 or 911 to report the debris to the proper authorities.
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time
- Father and son among three arrested in Kitty Hawk drug investigation
- Family, friends gather to remember two girls killed in Ahoskie fire; two others injured
- South Carolina mother drives van filled with kids into ocean