$136,000 cash, crack cocaine among items seized in James City County bust
A James City County man is now behind bars after police seized more than $100,000 and a variety of drugs from his home.
Police say on the morning of March 20, agents from the Tri-Rivers Drug Task Force and officers from the James City County Police Department executed a search warrant at a home in the 100 block of Indian Summer Lane in the Raintree subdivision of James City County.
Police seized more than $136,000 in cash, three vehicles, and a quantity of cocaine, crack cocaine, and marijuana.
According to officials, Cecil Venzie Cropper Jr. was arrested and charged with possession with intent to distribute cocaine, and possession with intent to distribute marijuana.
Cropper is being held at the Virginia Peninsula Regional Jail without bond.
The Tri-Rivers Drug Task Force is made up of seven agencies in six jurisdictions, which include the Virginia State Police, James City County Police Department, York-Poquoson Sheriff’s Office, Poquoson Police Department, Gloucester County Sheriff’s Office, Mathews County Sheriff’s Office, and the Middlesex County Sheriff’s Office.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for updates.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found
- Grandma charged after leaving 6 young grandchildren alone in motel