VDOT to begin multi-million dollar pothole repair project on Monitor Merrimac
Now, VDOT is finally taking action and they’re ready to start a 3 million dollar project that will hopefully put a stop to the endless potholes.
“That would be great. I would appreciate it. My husband’s paycheck would appreciate it,” says a driver.
Starting March 23, VDOT contractors will be tearing out the asphalt and concrete at both the entrance and exit of the northbound tunnels to replace old deteriorating joints they say are letting too much groundwater and rain in. This is what has been causing potholes in the first place.
When they are done, they will do the same for the southbound tunnel.
So for drivers, that means one way tunnel closures every weekend until Memorial Day.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Grandma charged after leaving 6 young grandchildren alone in motel
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found