Breaking News on Baby Braxton Investigation
BREAKING: The head of Virginia Beach Human Services will ask for a state review of foster baby Braxton Taylor’s death to “make sure this never happens again.” Braxton was abused to death two years ago today.
A Newschannel 3 investigation revealed social workers saw Braxton’s bruises and injuries but failed to get him help. Today, VBHS director Robert Morin Jr. will ask the state social-services commissioner for a series of reforms, including better training for local case workers to sound the alarms when they notice injured children.
Investigator Mike Mather also uncovered that Morin lost a similar job he held in Florida, and he explains why.
Tonight on NewsChannel 3 at 6 o’clock Mather will have full details on his conversation with Morin and the results his investigation is getting.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Virginia Beach teen killed in six-car crash on I-64 in Hampton
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million