Navy accuses WTKR in military mold scandal
The Navy is accusing NewsChannel 3 of blowing out of proportion the mold issues at military housing run by Lincoln Military Housing in Hampton Roads.
Speaking to The Virginian Pilot newspaper, Capt. Don Hagen, director of industrial hygiene at the Navy and Marine Corps Public Health Center, said, “It’s not extensive mold.”
“If you listen to WTKR, it’s like a science fiction movie – there’s mold monsters growing everywhere,” Hagen told the Pilot. “And that’s just not the case.”
The Navy provided reports from four of the homes that were inspected to the Pilot, in each case the report noted evidence of water intrusion and mold.
Read the full Pilot article HERE
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home
- UPDATE: Company says ailing 7-year-old will get drug as part of study
- UPDATE: Man shot to death in car in Portsmouth identified